K-2 Visa – Fiancee Children

The K-2 Visa is a visa for the child or children of your Thai fiancee. The visa allows them to enter the United States with their mother or after her arrival. If she is divorced check the custody status of the children. speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand for more information with regards to your us visa for your Thai fiancee. With offices in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Samui, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Isaan we are best able to assist.

Requirements of the child for a K-2 Visa:

  • younger than 21 years
  • unmarried
  • seeking to immigrate to the U.S.

K-1 children may stay in the U.S. on K-2 visa for a maximum period of 90 days from the date of entry. If you and your Fiancee do not marry within 90 days, K-1 children must depart the U.S. together with your Fiancee.

Documents needed for a K-2 visa:

  • Valid passport (not needed if child is under 16);
  • Non-immigrant Visa Application (Form DS-156), in duplicate with two recent color photographs;
  • Official birth certificate;
  • Permission to travel from other parent;
  • Complete medical examination report.

You need to know

Generally an interview is required at the American Consulate. Some consulates do not require a child of your Fiancee to attend if s/he is below the age of 14. Many consulates require a child to attend even if s/he is not going to move to the U.S. with K-1 parent immediately, but will follow later.

The cut-off date for issuance of a K2 visa is 1 year from the date of the K-1 visa issuance to the principal alien. K-1 and K-2 visas are valid for one entry into the U.S. at any time within the next six months. The child of a K-1 principal alien may acquire K-2 status even after the principal alien has married American Citizen Petitioner and acquired lawful permanent resident status in U. S.

K-2 benefits:

  • reside in the U.S. for 90 days until K-1’s marriage;
  • study in the U.S.
  • apply for work authorization.

Speak to our US immigration attorneys about your K-2 Visa application while you are discussing your fiancee visa.